If you're intersted in this role, please reach out to us directly at email@example.com and we can make an intro if you're a fit.
Powering Trade For The Emerging Cannabis Industry
Distru is a software platform streamlining the supply chain for the cannabis industry. Many of the top cannabis brands and distributors across the United States use our software to manage their entire operation and stay compliant with the state-selected track and trace system. We are growing rapidly with over $1B in transactions per year passing through our platform and are in a unique position to redefine trade in the growing cannabis industry. Our investors include Felicis Ventures, Global Founders Capital, Poseidon Asset Management and Village Global who have funded companies such as Shopify, Cruise, HelloFresh, Facebook, Slack, Opendoor, Warby Parker, Gusto, and more.
We are an intrinsically motivated team that works without ego, is constantly learning, and gains a deep sense of satisfaction when our customers email us thank you letters like this one:
"I can’t praise Distru enough, it’s head and shoulders above any platform I’ve encountered to date. Thank you for your persistence and providing us with the right tools."
You will be working closely with the Marketing team, Sales team, CEO and other cross functional stakeholders in Success, Product, and Engineering, to drive all major aspects of our product centric marketing efforts. This entails how we message new features, engage current customers, segment our customers, and highlight our product to new prospects. This role will drive revenue as we expand our features and go into new states. It’s a great opportunity for someone craving ownership and eager to execute their best revenue-centric marketing work.
Your first 30/60/90 days with Distru
Your first 30 days: You’ll meet our team and learn more about our product and company goals. You will attend as many customer demos as you can, plus regular customer calls. Once you have an understanding of our space and business you’ll work diligently with the team to gain an understanding of revenue opportunities as it pertains to aspects of our product. Part of your ongoing learnings will require frequent and direct engagement with our customers to better understand how they use our product, this might include onsite visits, customer video calls, and conferences. You will compile learnings and create buckets of questions, feedback and learnings to share with the internal stakeholders in order to recommend/prioritize product updates. You will start to learn all marketing tools and gain an understanding of best practices when marketing our features. You will learn the features and product releases you will own moving forward. You will have an understanding of our revenue goals and begin to think about how you can impact these.
60-90 days: You will be increasingly in the groove of things at this point and align with sales on revenue goals for the products/features you are releasing. You will start to develop content based on conversations with customers, feature releases, and revenue goals. Starting to measure the success of these efforts will be important. You’ll have a solid understanding of our marketing tools and content types. As a team we are open to innovative ways to explain our product so regular experimentation here and a desire to play around with different forms of content is encouraged. You’ll work closely with the sales team to ensure they are armed with what they need to close deals and upsell customers.
Projects you might work on:
- Work collaboratively with sales to shape revenue goals
- Working with engineering and product to understand all new feature releases and how best to explain these features to current and new customers
- Frequently talking to customers onsite, or via video calls to gain an understanding of how they use our software
- Using market and customer data to help us identify key customer segments to drive our marketing and sales strategy
- Working with sales & product to identify key ‘aha’ moments for each customer segment
- Create content that drives revenue, including webpages, blogs, email content, knowledge base articles, videos, customer case studies, webinars, in-app notifications, and sales enablement content
- Maintaining, updating and tracking our website with capture forms, landing pages, and content
- Establish revenue metrics and reporting cadence that keeps key stakeholders in the know
- Conducting user research to help us drive major new product releases
- Participate in event planning for conferences, trade shows and educational seminars
- 2+ years in product marketing, B2B SAAS marketing preferred but not required
- 1+ years in the cannabis industry with an understanding of the supply chain and various competitive landscape for seed to sale software
- Created content for web based marketing and/or sales enablement including white papers, case studies, blogs, research reports, testimonials and other content collaterals for web-based marketing
- Ability to set strategy and execute tactics
- A good sense of humor and desire to have fun
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience working with a cross-functional team, expertise managing stakeholders with diverse needs and perspectives
- Experience with marketing automation software and CRM, Hubspot a plus
- Experience in working on a remote team is a plus
- Full Medical, Vision and Dental insurance coverage for employee, and 90% for spouse, domestic partner, and any dependent family members
- Competitive Salary
- Fully remote position
- Opportunities to attend conferences, events, trade shows
- Generous stock options with employee-friendly exercise terms and post-termination exercise window
- 18 days paid time off (We want you to use these!)
We are currently in California, Oklahoma, Oregon, Nevada, Michigan and Massachusetts and will continue expanding nationally. You are joining on an early stage team with the opportunity to define and innovate on how we approach this expansion. If you are confident, goal-oriented, and love learning, this is the job for you.
Once you’re a part of the Distru team, it is our job to make sure that you’re empowered to reach marketing goals that excite you. We are a lean startup team and want everyone to feel like they have a real impact on our marketing and company’s success. In addition to selling, you’ll be working directly with the founding team during the early stages of a fast growing startup.
Distru was formed by an environment of mutual respect and trust made up by people working together without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success and we proactively strive to recruit, develop and retain the best and brightest people from the most diverse candidate pools we can find all over the world.